Saturday 30 May 2015

Book Review : Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen


My Thoughts:

Wow, I always seem to love Dessen’s books and I loved this one just as much as the others.

I read it within 3 days, I breezed right through it!

We are introduced to Sydney who has always been in the shadow of her older brother Peyton. Or at least it seems that way. In my opinion, I thought Sydney was an amazing person all on her own. I liked Sydney much more than I liked Peyton.

When Peyton finally gets into trouble he can’t get out of his family is left to deal with the consequences. This affects his whole family.

Sydney really had to grow up and fast and her parents sometimes treated her like she was in the one in trouble. Sydney was such a kind and gentle soul.

She also meets a boy named Mac. Sweet sweet Mac. Sydney really likes. She understands them.  He also has a nice little family whoshe likes them.

I don’t want to say much about this one. I don’t want to ruin it. I loved the jail aspect because it really put some things in perspective. I liked the family and romance too. I thought this was a sweet and charming novel. It was raw and emotional but I also felt happy at times.

 I felt so attached to these characters that there was a point when it was like they were my friends. I could relate to Sydney in almost every way from her being invisible and trying to prove to her parents That she is a good kid. I could understand where she was coming from. I could also understand the guilt she felt about David Ibarra. The fact that she felt like she has to carry the guilt and no one else does..

The character whole stole my heart was Layla! What a firecracker. The perfect best friend. I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed this book. I've read all of Sarah Dessen's books , this however is my second favorite, second only to The Truth About Forever. Maybe because there are some similarities between Mac and Wes. Sydney was truly a different character. We do not know much about her, her hobbies, she's not as developed as the other and she is outshines by all the others. It's like Dessen wanted her to seem invisible to readers, adding to us being able to relate to her better. Empathy for Sydney came easy. This a great summer read for teens and adults. I can't wait to read it again!!!

Ratings:
Overall: I really loved this one!!! 5 cupcakes all the way from me! Loved the plot, loved the characters, and just flat out loved it all!!! Highly recommend this one

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing Review ! :)

Unknown said...

thank you for stopping by :)

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates